Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Project Development

I would like to develop my blog post about Whitman's reviewers.

A few things I want to do:
-Take a closer look at all the other reviews, particularly the ones written by Whitman.
-Find out why so many reviewers felt the need to talk about him.
-Filter out what it is about Whitman's poetry that is being focused on and what is being mentioned the most.
-Take note of the passages that the reviewers choose to represent his poetry and evaluate its accurateness.
-Further develop how the reviewers interpret Whitman.
-Fully answer what the reviewers believe to be poetry and why Whitman's divergence has made him the so-called father of American poetry. And then answer as to the purpose of poetry in carving out identity and social distinctions.

4 comments:

  1. You already have such a clear view of what it is you want to develop, how you want to develop it, and why... that my comment/question is totally unnecessary, lol.

    Would you be interested in the possibility of showing 'evidence of your learning' by writing your very own review of Whitman's LoG? I guess it could be a way of allowing you to incorporate other reviewers' material to either agree with them/refute their beliefs.

    I don't know... just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry, this is an old post so my actual evidence post hadn't been up when you commented. My evidence of learning that I have up now is a socratic dialogue between the reviewers arguing amongst each other.

      Delete
  2. How are you going to present it? You know what you could do, is do some sort of sketch and present it as if Whitman's peers were literally talking about him, like interviews or something. This way it would be like first hand accounts of the reviewers opinions. I mean they obviously aren't but from your research you could present it as such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry, this is an old post so my actual evidence post hadn't been up when you commented. My evidence of learning that I have up now is a socratic dialogue between the reviewers arguing amongst each other.

      Delete