Saturday, March 31, 2012

Project Evidence

For my Whitman project, I am revising and building upon my post on Whitman's reviewers. Check the previous post for what I want to do specifically with it.

Anyway, the evidence of learning that I'm considering presenting will probably take the form of a Socratic dialogue between different reviewers arguing and sharing their opinions on Whitman's work. The reason I want to make it a dialogue is because that way it's more like a conversation and there is a negotiating process between the reviewers (and perhaps Whitman might be there incognito) on what good poetry is supposed to be.

5 comments:

  1. I think you have a solid, specific topic and method outlined in your previous post and this one. I was interested in doing a project on the reviews, too, but have had difficulty especially with how to present it, and your Socratic dialogue sounds like an effective and fun approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of a conversation between reviewers, it allows to bring up arguments and good points not obvious to others. it would be cool to have Walt there but i think you should throw yourself in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you for the comments.

    And Tawny, that would be fun to put myself in there. I will definitely take that idea into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great . . I like the idea of "dialogue" - - e.g. that the reviews are really dialogues . . . almost "trialogues' between poem, reviewer, and reader . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Can you check out my latest post? It's for the Ruckeyser group to get in touch with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete